You are purchasing a piece of unusual English Brown Oak - this size would provide you with a good size of platter or shallow bowl.
Brown Oak is not as readily available as more generic Oak as it gets its chocolatey brown colour from a fungus which attacks the roots of the tree. The effect is unique to British forests (in Europe the fungus causes the Oak to turn more pink), but the decaying effect of the fungus stops once the wood has been dried which means it remains as stable as most other types of Oak. The depth of colour is spectacular and works well with most finishes.
The timber has been dried and planed on each face - there may be a slight amount of tolerance, but this would be minimal.
The timber your will receive will be very similar but not exactly the same piece as shown in the photograph (every single piece of timber is unique and would take far too much time to photograph individually for resale).
You are purchasing:
1 × 8" x 8" x 2" inch cross grain Brown Oak blank
I quality check every piece of timber prior to posting, and therefore there are a few considerations I would like to bring to your attention:
- Timber is a NATURAL product which can have cracks and inclusions hidden within the grain and within the wood itself which I cannot be held responsible for
- Wood can warp and crack if stored incorrectly - again I cannot be held responsible if your timber moves and/or cracks prior to you turning it OR AFTER you have turned and finished it
- If your timber is cracked ON ARRIVAL, please contact me within 24 HOURS with photographs to see if something can be sorted out Standard postage is £3.75 second class via Royal Mail.
Emma - The Tiny Turner
8" x 8" x 2" Brown Oak Cross-Grain/Bowl Blank
The package includes:
1 × 8" x 8" x 2" cross grain Brown Oak blank
I gladly accept returns and exchanges:
- Contact me within: 14 days of delivery (except timber which is within 24 hours)
- Send items back within: 30 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations for custom orders, but please contact me if you have any problems with your order
Unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns or exchanges for:
*Timber (except in exceptional circumstances)
*Custom or personalised orders
*Perishable products (like food or flowers)
*Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Conditions of return:
Buyers are responsible for return postage costs;
If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value